Want to know a little about the “real” me?
Here I’m experimenting with an outlet to let you know a little more about me on a personal side. I really like to get to know the “real” YOU when I make contacts on facebook, twitter, this blog, so here I’m exposing the “real” ME.
- I flopped the SAT in high school, scoring an whopping 850. Didn’t matter, finished college with only 2 B’s total.
- I have taken a 4 month sabbatical to travel through Africa, Asia and Europe.
- I put blonde highlights in my hair because of my own vanity. Mostly to help hide the grays (I’m getting old)
- I have am an adoptive parent, with a 2 year old son, Emery from Bogota Colombia
- I am married to my high school sweetheart, Stephanie Hinton Langston
- I grew up in a house on wheels, weeeeeeeeeee. A “mobile home” as we call in here in Georgia
- I am learning to speak Spanish along with our son. If you only knew how bad my English grammar skills are, you’d have sympathy for my Spanish teacher.
- I speak with a strong southern accent. I never realize it, but anytime I travel the first thing people ask me is “Where Are You From?”
- I teach an adult Sunday School class at my church.
- I am a very emotional person. I cry when watching things like the finale of American Idol.
- I am an extrovert. I love to be social, to make connections and to smile. I can easily carry on a conversation with a total stranger.
- When I was younger I used to race Dirt Bike motorcycles. It’s call motocross (notice no “R”). That drives my wife crazy. I’ve had my share of spills and broken bones.
- I still live in the same town where I grew up. I see all my old grade school friends all the time. It’s like a constant family reunion. The pros and cons are that it’s like a constant high school reunion and you can never get anything done fast.
- One thing I learned when I was young was that if someone asks you “How Are You Doing” to respond by saying “EXCELLENT!” It really gets there attention.
- I’m learning to be a Landlord with owning residential real-estate. I look forward to when it’s fully paid off.
What are things that people may or may not know about you?